Friday 21 November 2014

Mono Printing and Creating Textile Prints


The previous week we were asked to look through our sketchbooks for motifs that stood out to us in some way or another and ones that we felt relevant to our project, and draw them in fine liner on plain white paper. Using these motifs we experimented with mono printing, collaging and many other techniques.





I scanned my outcomes on the photocopier, playing with size, mirroring and inverting. Using these adapted photocopies we were set the task of creating a collaged piece, 50x50cm which will later be exposed on a screen for our final print.

I really enjoyed the eyes which I had taken inspiration from a hand stitched portrait of a statue featured previously in my book. I played with different sizes, placement and quantities of the eyes until I came up with a design I was pleased with. 


Using our final prints we then creating companion prints using paints, collaging and photoshop. Although I enjoy practical work I much preferred my digitally made prints using photoshop (probably due to my OCD neatness!). Here are some of my favourite companion prints;

                        

   











No comments:

Post a Comment