Friday 16 January 2015

Introduction to textile applications: first lesson

I took a trip to the library on campus to look at textile and print books to choose patterns which I enjoyed. I was to then photocopy or photograph these prints and analyse them in my research file for this module. Using the prints that I enjoyed, I designed motifs in my sketchbook which I then went onto use to create my own prints to expose onto a screen at a later date.

Here are the prints that I designed to be exposed onto my screen:
                                         

We then Sellotape our prints on to our blank screens and placed on the exposure unite. After that we turned the suction on which secured the screens in place and turned the exposure unit to face the exposure light.




Using protective goggles our lecturer turned on the exposure light once we had left the room.


After several minutes our lecturer checked the screens and turned off the light and then we washed out the screens to reveal our prints. I will then go on to use my screen in further lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment