Monday 2 February 2015

Introduction to textile applications: Fabric dying and screen printing discharge




In this session using the fabric given to us I began cutting squared of each type. Once having a sufficient amount of fabric I placed a pin in the corner of each square and made a figure of eight around the pin using wool to keep it secure.




This was my selection of fabric I was to use to dye. Whilst dying I made sure to take health and safety precautions by wearing an apron, a mask, and gloves. Once the fabric was dyed for the desired amount of time (The longer the more vivid the colour) we dried and ironed our samples.



I then secured my samples to paper with tape to decrease movement whilst printing. It is my screen that I had previously exposed with my prints.



Again taking health and safety precautions I wore my apron, gloves, and mask whilst printing as I understand that there are hazardous chemicals during this practice.


I used a discharge to print on to my fabric samples. Once these have dried all we heat-pressed our samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment