Thursday 19 March 2015

Critical and Contextual: Presentation planning

As mentioned in a previous blog post Critical and Contextual: Reviewing and deciding upon a essay topic, I have to create and present a 8-10 minute presentation dealing with the work of one artist/designer. The presentation must include:

  • an explanation of the philosophy behind their work
  • who the work was produced for
  • how the artist/designer was affected by the social history and politics of the time
  • how the work was produced
  • demonstrate my understanding of the chosen artist/designer's work through questioning by lecturer and peers

I began creating notes of what the presentation must contain:



One of the designers I was adamant in mentioning in my essay was Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, famously known as Coco Chanel. I wanted to include Chanel in my essay as she has always been looked upon as a lady of elegance, class and style by many people, including myself.

I started researching Coco Chanel's early life, personal life and her career. I made notes of this, as well as noting other relevant information:






No comments:

Post a Comment