Thursday 19 March 2015

Jumpsuit construction plan

I then created a construction plan for my side of the jumpsuit whilst Gauge created hers for her side. As a more visual person, I enjoy things drawn out for me, which is why I created my construction plan in Adobe Illustrator, along with the joining of mine and Gauge's halves (which you can see on the left page of my sketch book). Documenting the construction in photographs as I went, I stuck some in my book with fabric background to create a more appealing visual look.



Jumpsuit Construction Plan (for my side and the connection of both halves):

  • Straight stitch the three front torso panels together, proceed to sew onto the front trouser panel still using a straight stitch sewing machine. After, overlock each hem.
  • Repeat first stage with back panels.
  • Sew darts on front panels using straight stitch overlocker (press before hand for a more precise stitch).
  • Straight stitch across shoulders, then proceed to overlock.
  • Sew dart on elbow on sleeve panel. Then sew sleeve to arm hole using straight stitch machine. Proceed to overlock.
  • Sew along underarm and down side seam using straight stitch machine. Then overlock.
  • Straight stitch cuff seam together, overlock. Stitch sleeve mouth then overlock.
  • Straight stitch backs of mine and Gauge's half together to the crotch, proceed to overlock.
  • Straight stitch collar to jumpsuit.
  • Sew zip in and stitch rest of jumpsuit down to the crotch.
  • Stitch legs together using straight stitch machine. Proceed to overlock.
  • Straight stitch cuff seam and overlock. Straight stitch onto trouser mouth, then overlock.
  • Hand stitch frogs onto my side of jumpsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment