Friday 15 May 2015

Personal Development Plan

This is a report to summarise the progress I have made in my first year as a Fashion and Textiles degree student at Colchester Institute. I will review my progress, achievements, motivation, possible improvements and future plans to achieve my goal.

Now I have almost reached the end of my first year, I plan to reflect on the skills I feel that I need to succeed to reach the grade I want and what I can do to gain these qualities if not already possessed. Here are the qualities I find necessary:

·      Time management
·      Organisation
·      Commitment
·      Motivation
·      Passion
·      Technical ability
·      An open mind
·      Determination in order to succeed

What am I good at?

·      Paying attention
·      Note making
·      Time management
·      Fashion construction
·      Photoshop and Illustrator ability
·      Social skills

What could I improve on?

·      Organisational skills
·      Working to a quicker standard
·      Textile application skills
·      Confidence within myself and my work
·      Using lectures in practical research and technical applications
What could help me improve?

·      Practising on presentations and public speaking
·      Be more open minded in terms of textile applications
·      Create a time management plan

What could stop me from achieving improvement?

·      Balancing my part time job along with university work
·      Balancing my personal life alongside university work

What is my motive for learning?

·      I am passionate about fashion and textiles
·      My future career
·      To succeed in my work and everything I do

What is my ultimate goal?

·      Achieve high qualifications
·      Aim for my dream job

Short-term objectives

·      Successful completion of my first year
·      Understanding the course requirements for the future
·      Expand knowledge and skills

Medium-term objectives

·      Keep an open mind on new experiences and projects
·      Develop and expand knowledge and skills
·      Challenge my learning abilities

Long-term objectives

·      Complete my degree with the highest possible grade I can achieve
·      Consider business courses to expand my knowledge for my future career
·      Successfully achieve a name within myself


Looking back on this year I believe that I have successfully improved and grown not just in knowledge but as a person as well. I am determined to progress further and develop my skills more in depth in the years to follow. My future is one of my main motivational stimulants which I plan to keep reviewing and reflecting on until I achieve my long term plans and ultimate goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment