Monday 31 August 2015

My AW15/16 colour palette

As anyone who knows me will know, I'm not a fan of bold and vibrant colours as such and much prefer neutral or monotone palettes. With winter coming (no GOF pun intended) I couldn't be more excited for my favourite blends of colour to be incorporated into fabrics, prints and garments.

As much as I enjoy the heat and good weather summer brings, it is almost impossible for one to dress themselves without a floral print featuring bright pinks, greens and what not. And let's face it, you're not going to be able to cope well in 20+ degrees in a black roll neck jumper. Which brings me on to discuss my favourite tones and colours which I am more than looking forward to incorporate not only in my own wardrobe this Autumn/Winter, but in my own designs and creations.




Nudes and Camels are often seen in trench, waterfall and mack style coats. There is a somewhat classic elegance which the tones hold. Whilst the colour is neutral, it brings a luxurious feel to any garment and as a plus, matches with almost any other colour within the AW colour palettes, whatever season.


Grey provides a softer alternative to black's and can be a easier colour for women to experiment with, especially for ladies over the 30/40 mark. The colour's versatile ways means that you could match with whites and blacks to create a harsh, minimalistic monotone style or could be combined with the soft tones of nudes and camels for a neutral yet elegant style. Like the nude/camel tones, grey comes in many of its own too. From pale to dark it can be matched with almost anything, pastel blues and pinks to harsh browns and blacks, the choices are endless.


The ever popular Black is forever in my wardrobe and quite possibly overpowers over 60% of my outfits and designs. As a flattering tone which is always a plus, the colour goes with everything and is never not in season. To experiment with black is always a good game, the colour is spread throughout  almost every possible item of clothing there is.  For me I am a huge fan of roll necks, long sleeves and any form of comfy bottoms, i.e. leggings and joggers. I could not tell you how to wear black, as there is no wrong way to wear it. Nor is there a wrong way to combine and wear any of the featured colours/tones together.



No comments:

Post a Comment