Thursday 1 October 2015

Short but sweet - back to University


No more lay ins! The strict 10pm bed times and 6am starts begin. Time sure has flown over the summer! So it was my first day back this Tuesday just gone and it was great to catch up and see my fellow peers and lecturers again. Tuesday started with a welcome back with biscuits and homemade chocolate and pistachio fudge- which was divine! Along with a lecture from Mick Stubbs.

Wednesday was a slightly more normal wake up call as myself and Laura signed up for the 10:30am class rather than the 9am one. We went head first into fashion construction, recapping on threading needles, changing bobbins and simple techniques with various fabric samples.

(concealed zip whilst matching checked fabric together)

(stitching corners with top stitch design)

(curved seam) - excuse the accidental tucks!

(gathered seam with contrasting fabric)

So with the first week out of the way and support modules chosen, I can happily say that I am extremely excited and in the right mindset for the beginning of the year. The brief for this semester also excites me! Which I will be blogging about in the next few days.. I cannot wait to put my creative ideas into my work and hopefully achieve a satisfying grade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment