Thursday 1 October 2015

Gender games

So I’ve just started my second year of University and upon this have received our brief for this upcoming semester, the title being Gender Games. And as you can guess, is referring to the newly fashionable unisex fashion wear, or even gender swapping clothing. It is well known that women often shop for menswear and vice versa but in recent studies it has become a hole lot popular over the past year or two. So popular that even Selfridges have closed down the majority of their separated womenswear and menswear floors at their Oxford Street store to redesign and replace with a wide selection of unisex clothes, called ‘Agender’. Designs by well known labels including Comme des Garçons and Gareth Pugh feature in the line up, as well as many others.
So in reference to the above, I want to be able to have a strong line of research and work for my project so I would be extremely grateful for people’s opinions on unisex clothing. Do you agree with it? Should it be looked down upon for someone to wear the opposite gender’s clothes? Or is it about time people became more accepting for unisex labelling, not just in terms of clothing?
If you’d like to discuss this with me or answer - anonymously if you wish, send me a message on tumblr, or email. (The links are below) Thank you.

or emilygracem@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment