Thursday 28 January 2016

3rd year exhibition at the Minnories

This week I independently visited the Minnories Gallery in Colchester to view the 3rd year fashion and textile student's showcase of work. Each project was entirely different from each other however next to each other they didn't clash at all.

I really enjoyed looking at their work as it helps inform myself on the standard of work I will need to work towards in my third year, thinking about portfolio pages and layouts is an extremely important piece of our degree. Our portfolio is almost like a mini showcase or CV of out work to share our potential with potential career opportunities. Although I am comfortable and confident with using photoshop and illustrator to create digital designs, prints and portfolio pages, I do feel like I haven't quite established my own style of work in this field as of yet which is why I find it useful to view others to grasp an idea of various styles and standards.

I thought the exhibition space was laid out well with work innovatively showcased on the walls with garments in the middle of the room, ensuring the room was filled with lots to look at without being cluttered and chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment