Thursday 5 May 2016

Personal development plan

The second year of my degree has been focused on developing previous skills in order to create my own style and philosophy in my work, through this I have also been slowly discovering what I plan to do after my course and what I aim to achieve in the near and far future.

During the first semester of my second year I stayed in my comfort zone and produced a fashion garment as a final outcome to the Gender Games project as it is the area I feel most comfortable in and is my strongest asset in my opinion. When looking at the options for briefs in the second semester I was heavily interested with the M&S brief studying the 'Pause' trend as it appealed to me the most with its modernity and simplicity. However I decided I wanted to push myself outside my comfort zone in order to create a more varied collection of work, showing that I can do more than just one style of work.

Now I am coming to the end of my second year I think I can successfully say that I have completed and applied my short term and medium term goals from last year to my work. Them being:

  • To successfully complete my first year
  • Understand the course requirements for the future
  • Expand my knowledge and skills
  • Keep an open mind on new experiences and projects
  • Develop and expand knowledge and skills
  • Challenge my learning abilities
My short term objectives for this year:
  • Continue successfully developing and understanding my own style of work, expanding my knowledge and skills with an open mind to new techniques
  • Stay motivated in my work 
  • Find the balance between my degree, my job and social life
My medium term objectives for this year:
  • Begin to develop a brand for myself using social media, using my blog, instagram andtumblr to advertise and showcase my work
  • Search for work placements and opportunities that I can use to my advantage in terms of my work and career
My long term objects remain almost the same as the previous year:
  • Completion of my degree with the highest possible grade I can achieve
  • Successfully achieve a name for myself in the fashion industry
  • Explore future career options i.e. teacher training or business courses

No comments:

Post a Comment