Tuesday 21 October 2014

'In my element'

My first lesson this week was with Val on Monday, where we used our previous work in our sketchbook as inspiration for making techniques and presenting them on a mannequin. We photographed these ideas and from them we illustrated the ideas into designs using the silhouettes we created using runway models and layout paper. From there we went on to evolve our designs in different ways experimenting with lengths of hems, styles of pleats and creating a range of varied illustrations and designs. As I feel more confident in designing/illustrating and construction I really enjoyed the task set to us and was 'in my element'.

 
Our next task was the challenging one of using our opposite hand to illustrate a chosen image of ours from a magazine with continuous line.

Although I am extremely uncomfortable using my left hand, I actually became really pleased with the 3 outcomes I produced using this technique. Visually the illustrations look scruffy yet edgy and unique, which I actually really enjoy considering my usual OCD neatness. With layout paper we shaded the shadow tones (with no outline involved) which I found created a pleasing and bold style, especially when layering the continuous line illustrations on top.

 

Using the layering technique we scared these examples and presented them in our sketchbook alongside our other illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment