Tuesday 21 October 2014

What is an Art School? - Lecture response

I believe an art school is a space for artists from different disciplines to experiment their skills and act upon their abilities and talents with new and old techniques and be helped to develop new ways of creating art, expanding and challenging their thinking and knowledge. 

As John Balderssan said "We're already artists before we attend art school" which I agree with completely. As I believe we attend art school to study in detail what is possible beyond our knowledge and to improve our technique (which is actually the Greek translation of 'Art')

An art school to me is built upon a community of people who work together to create art, even if they are from different disciplines. As it is just as important to collaborate with other artists as it is to work alone. This improves professionalism and not only is an experience to gain from, but allows you to see how other artists work and create alongside others. 

I came to art school myself, as I wanted to not only improve my skill set but to widen my knowledge for my passion and become more confident in my work and subject, in order to give me the appropriate information and experiences for my future and possible career.

No comments:

Post a Comment