Sunday 19 April 2015

Introduction to textile applications: Painting on to screens with fabric dye

Having a blank screen at the ready, I chose three fabric dyes to stop my painting onto the screen..




I used different techniques such as: scratching, dotting, and layering to create visually effective prints.


In order to stop the prints running and smudging I used a hair dryer to dry them quickly and effectively to stop the distortion.


I pinned a reasonable sized fabric to the table and placed my screen on top. Using the gunge I screen printed along insuring I covered the whole screen.


This is the final outcome. I am pleased with the range of different colours and exploration of techniques that we used. However, the smudging of the dye annoyed me. If I was to do this again I would insure the dye was dry fully before screen printing it on to the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment