Sunday 26 April 2015

Print research and colour palette

Our next task was to research various prints from our chosen era that took our liking. Mine, being Georgian, involved lots of often pale prints, with symmetrical patterns repeated across the page. There was usually a theme of two main colours, a light and dark one. Here are some of the patterns I enjoyed and chose to take further into my print development:


I really loved the Toile prints, which is one of my favourite style of prints anyway (my bedroom wallpaper is an off-white and blue toile, along with my bedding and cushions!). I took this almost as a sign of coincidence. I plan to use the clustered style of the Toile layout to begin developing my ideas, also taking influence from the monotoned colour palettes. I used all these images to help me discover my colour palette for my own prints:



No comments:

Post a Comment