Thursday 5 November 2015

Masculine and feminine objects

Our task for our studio module class this week was to use a variety of mediums and techniques to draw from objects that people see as feminine or masculine. In the masculine room there were items from big, bulky workman boots to robots and toy cars.


I used mediums such as masking tape, ink, bleach and gauche to interpret these objects. I really enjoyed the layering of the masking tape combined with the chaotic lines from the biro.


As I enjoyed layering as a technique I went on to experiment with layering with slightly different mediums like crinkled paper and crayon on top of ink. I think both of these are just as affective as the other however I do prefer the biro form the other page as the detail is finer.

In the 'feminine room' there was items from hair dryers, to shoes, to dresses and corsets.  I decided to focus mainly on a few items being a wedding headband, a garter and a stockings, this was because they possessed great detail with lace, beading and embroidery.


From these two pages I used shapes from my work to place upon a dress making mannequin in order to give myself some ideas to create silhouettes and seams for garments.






No comments:

Post a Comment