Sunday 6 March 2016

Development of Textile Boundaries - Monument

Being mainly construction and fashion focused, I was pleasantly surprised at how excited I was to start this new textile project. We spent a lesson looking and discussing three trends that were chosen for us, Graceful, Monumental and Sartorial, all of which held different traits.

Graceful:











Sartorial:






























Monumental:

















The brief's aims are to further explore the techniques and processes we completed and studied last year by creating a range of samples in response to our chosen trend.

Considering all three trends, it was almost obvious which trend I was going to choose given my lack of colour in my previous work. As a fan of monotones and simplistic prints I was pulled towards the Monumental trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment